[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
On the list - The Transplant Network

CraigoHahn
Topic Author

On the list

Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:57 am

Hey guys

Ive been waiting on the transplant list for about 9 months now waiting for a double lung transplant its been a fairly stressful time. I thought id be able to manage it but its just on my mind all day. Im currently doing a uni course online as im too unwell to travel to uni. Do you guys have any tips on reducing the aniexty and things to try help get your mind off thinking about it all the time ?

Cheers guys

Craig  

zactaylor

Re: On the list

Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:57 pm

Hey Craig

I had my tx 8 months ago so I understand what its like to be on the list. It is a tough time but I can recommend things that helped me. Music,xbox playing,movies and keeping my mind busy doing other tasks so i didnt have the time to think about it.

Hope the call comes soon for you buddy.

Peter

Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:33 am

Hi Craig thanks for sharing.  I'm 8 years post transplant now but I do remember how much thinking I use to do on the subject.  Zac's suggestions are great. 

I actually use to have an issue when I had Heart Biopsies because my first one sent me into heart block so I use to get so anxious when I needed to have one.  I actually went and did a meditation course for a day I found it useful to sort of clear my thoughts.   You can just jump on youtube and type in Guided Meditation if you don't have the time for a course.

All the best mate.

Peter Crumpton

KatyParker

Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:26 pm

Hey guys

I just got put on the list. Music seams like the best way to deal with everything.

Kimstar

Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:43 pm

Hey all,

Im currently waiting for a kidney transplant, Ive always found it hard to keep my mind busy.

I find starting a new series on netflix is actually a really good way to keep your mind off things.

Check these out - http://uproxx.com/tv/best-shows-on-netflix-good-tv-series-ranked/

Its kinda old but still worth a look, im currently watching "shooter" its great.

Chat soon :) 

Joel Seeto

Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:49 pm